Wednesday 25 November 2015

ROTWORKS ロットワークス









Answers from the Author


How old are you and where are you from?

I'm 31 years old, born and raise in Singapore.



How did you begin to get involved in art and design?

I started drawing way back in 1997. But that was just scribbles and for fun. Met a few of my friends who are really talented in the art department. They started sharing their sketches and finished artwork and it got me interested to be a little more serious on comic/manga arts like Dragon ball, mystical creatures like dragons etc. Self studied about structures and details. Bought tons of sketch book and did not let go of the pencil since then.



Where do you find most of your inspiration comes from?

It usually comes from other artists. I've learn their skills and create my own style. Then again whatever comes to my mind like objects in public or even dreams from sleep inspires me to create a piece.



You do album art and layouts, t-shirt design, and tattoo design. Which is your favourite and why?

Shirt design is probably my favourite as i would prefer a bold stand alone artwork to a scene artwork (album art). It is of course easier to execute almost an abstractish kinda designs which I'm really into more than a cover artwork.



What bands are you listening to at the moment?

Rotten Sound, Everytime I die, Converge, Gridlink, Bone Thugs and Harmony, 2pac, The Kill etc.



Do you have any advice for people who want to start designing for bands and getting more involved generally?

Keep sketching as much as possible. Like i said before, never let go of the pencil. Look through your favourite artist to which style you are comfortable with. And from there try to imitate the details and study how it should be done to produce the intended result. Keep practising and you'll bound to find your own style and move on from there.



What is your favourite sauce?!

Sauce?! lmfao. probably ranch.



Thanks! Any last words?

I am kind of slow at the moment producing new artworks but rest assure I will be getting back on track once everything has settled down. Thanks again for the interview. Keep it GRIND!

Click here to see more from Rotworks.

No comments:

Post a Comment